Yeah for Lazy Blog Posts! I was "casually tagged" by my pal Misfit to partake in this Meme.. I had a few minutes and thought it'd be kind of fun. Feel free to do your own, if you're feeling lazy, too. It's all about books and reading and authors..
"What author do you own the most books by?
I believe that would be John Updike.
What book do you own the most copies of?
Some how, way back when, I ended up with two copies of a little paperback Lantern Press book called "Horse Stories." I finally donated one of the copies last summer.
Does it bother you that both those questions ended with a preposition?
Nope, I'm not bothered by. (ha ha, get it?)
What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
Of course, that would have to be Lisbeth of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" series! Because she's so damn awesome.
What book have you read the most times?
Um.. I don't know. I think I did read "Herland" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman twice. Very cool book.
What was your favorite book when you were 10 years old?
Anything with horses in it. Black Beauty, Black Stallion, all that.
What is the worst book you've read in the last year?
Oh, I can't remember the title, but I got it for free at the dump and couldn't get past the first chapter, so I returned it to the dump.
What is the best book you have read in the last year?
"The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo", of course!
If you could force everyone to read one book, what would it be?
"Herland." Oh, and I'd also recommend "A Stroke Of Insight," by Jill Bolte Taylor, but that's not fiction. Still, very interesting.
Who deserves the next Nobel Prize for literature?
Well, duh. Misfit, of Paradise, of course!
What is the most difficult book you've ever read?
I'd have to say maybe "Beloved" by Toni Morrison.
Do you prefer the French or the Russians?
Aw gad. This is were I end up looking like a big dummy, because I've never read any of them. *lowering head in shame*
Roth or Updike?
Updike. Though mostly his big novels, not so much his short stories and essays.
David Sedaris or Dave Eggers?
Not familiar with either. Sorry.
What is the most embarrassing gap in your reading?
Oh, so much I have missed. I'd have to agree with Mis Fit and say "Dante's Inferno." Oh, and Anna K.
What is your favorite novel?
That's tough, but from my late teens, I've always said "Rabbit Run" by Updike. That's one of the first books that made me fall in love with the way good writing can twist your brain and get into your soul.
Favorite play?
"Butterflies Are Free," by Leonard Gershe.
Favorite short story?
Probably anything by Flannery O'Connor.
Favorite work of non-fiction?
"The Celestine Prophecy," by James Redfield.
What's that you say? It's fiction? Oops, silly me, I thought it was real all this time!
Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
Oh gosh, I don't know. Oprah? Has she written a book yet?
What is your desert island book?
Can't I just have my lap top and an internet connection instead? Please? Oh, okay then, how about "Love In The Time of Cholera."
What are you reading now?
Just finished "The 36 Hour Day," and just started "Here If You Need Me," by Kate Braestrup.
Hope I didn't bore you too much. What's your take? Do tell.
And thanks for the idea Misfit!

2 comments:
Yay! That's 2 votes for me for the Nobel Prize! How many more do you think I'll need?
Thanks for playing along Kate. And it's great to see you posting!
You're a shoe in Misfit!
Thanks for asking, it was fun!
Post a Comment