Monday, October 18, 2010

Come Knocking At Your Door

It started last Tuesday night, on the one hour drive home from the gig. Scratchy throat, rough cough. The next morning, it didn't knock me out, just rapped on my door.

Thursday, the rapping grew into pounding, and on Friday, my third eye felt like a big block of steel, as my coughing got deeper and pushed it up into my nose, turning my body into an aching buzz.

Saturday, I spent most of the day on the couch, watching bad television through watery eyes and a snotty nose.

Sunday morning, I could breath again, mostly, but it was like a lingering pollster at your front door, rambling on and hovering with his arm leaned against the porch railing. I stayed home from work and rested as much as I could.

And this morning, ta da! She's gone.

Last season, I tried a product I found at the health food store and it really worked to shorten the duration of the cold. The most effective way to use it is at the first sign of a cold (I should have started using it on Tuesday night, but I didn't get any until Friday), then to ingest a couple of teaspoon's of the tasty minty liquid a day. I am amazed at how quickly it kick's the butt of the cold out to the curb!

The product is called Umcka, and it's made by a company called Nature's Way. Umckaloaba comes from the root of the Pelargonium sidoides, or South African Geranium. It is native to South Africa, and the Zulu culture of Africa have used this remedy for centuries. It has both antiviral and antibacterial properties, and it is a natural expectorant. There are no negative side effects known, unless a person has an allergy to plants in this family.

You can read more about this wonder remedy here at factoidz.com. Next time you get a cold, try this right away, and you'll be amazed how much faster the cold goes away.

6 comments:

Verdant Earl said...

Mine hit me on Friday morning, but it's mostly gone today. Mega-doses of Vitamin C and lots of matza-ball chicken soup did the trick for me.

Kate said...

Just realized this is my 200th post.

Dragonstar said...

Congrats on the 200th Kate!

I must look into this - the grandkids like to share, and colds always go to my chest.

Misfit in Paradise said...

I wish I had known about this two weeks ago! Congrats on 200 posts too.

GeologyJoe said...

looks good to me. ill stop at whole foods on my way home tonight and prepare for the inevitable.

Kate said...

As a side note, I was in my local Rite Aid yesterday and saw they carry it there for quite a few dollars cheaper than the health food stores...

anyhoo, I stand by the product, good stuff.

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...