Monday, April 05, 2010

A Pathetic Excuse For A Post

  • I've been in a blog slump. I thought maybe a bullet list would get me rolling again.
  • Finally got the gumption up to bring my old Bonezee in for his final trip to the vet last week. It was a sad day, but seeing the pain go out of his eyes at last was bittersweet relief. R.I.P. Bonezee Potter. You are missed.
  • Spent Easter Sunday in a bar, playing the blues and drinking moderately.
  • Spring is sprunging up here on the hill. Daffodils are nearly bloomed. This unseasonably warm weather and sunshine is just what the doctor ordered!
  • Terry has endured another grueling round of chemotherapy, and small gifts have been sent his way from old musician friends who read a note I posted and tagged on facebook last week. People can be good, really, when they want to be.
  • Speaking of facebook - damn, what a time sucker upper! It sure does define people's basic personalities, doesn't it.. based on what my friends choose to post as status updates. I've learned to love my "hide" option.. not that I've hid any of you good people. So far, I've managed to keep my blog world separate from my facebook world, but who knows how long that'll last.
  • Read two books in two weeks! "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" by Steig Larsson (that was fun - I think anyone would enjoy that one), and "The Hearts Of Horses" by Molly Gloss (which I will suggest to you, Paradise.)
  • Have to miss LOST tomorrow night, as I have a gig. Thank god for the internet!
  • Well, this has been a bust. I'll have to come up with a proper blog at some point.
  • p.s. Nice that the Red Sox won their opening day game last night.. not that I really care. 




5 comments:

Misfit in Paradise said...

I'm so sorry about your cat. I hate having to do that.
I am going to the library tomorrow. I will check it out.
I spent over a year on Facebook before I learned the joy of the 'Hide" function.

Debbie said...

Sorry to hear about your Fur Baby Kate.. Hope your OK..xx

Kate said...

Misfit - if you can't find it, I could mail you my copy.

Debbie & Misfit - Thanks for your condolences. It sucked! But, it was time. He was so sick. It was a nice last day, I brushed him up best as I could (through tears), let him outside and had a photo shoot, and for the last two hours, he sat with me on the couch as I read.. his favorite thing to do. He didn't put up a fight, and we were able to bury him in our back yard. It's been an adjustment without him.

Dragonstar said...

So sorry about Bonezee Kate. ((HUGS))

"The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" is a great book!

Kate said...

Thank you very much Dragonstar... (Hugs back)

Yes, "The Girl.." was great, and I've already finished the second book, "The Girl Who Played With Fire." Waiting for next month when the final book in the series is released here in U.S. I'm quite sure my Dad will buy it, then I'll have to wait for him to read it first.. can't wait to find out what happens..

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...