Friday, May 15, 2009

Raise You Hand

Raise your hand if you've got cramps!

Raise your hand if you've got a stressful day at work ahead, on your feet, lifting - hauling - pushing - pulling, all the while keeping a friendly smile on your face and product looking in top ship shape condition, despite it all being perishable and fragile!

Raise your hand if after work you've got to haul a 100 pound bass amp into the back of a borrowed truck, then set it up and play 2 and 1/2 hours on your feet with a smile on your face, with a bunch of crusty old dudes who didn't have to work a physical job that day!

OOh! Ooh!


Ah, my favorite kind of day. Wish me luck. This is one of those days were I wish I could just click my ruby red slippers three times and go home to Kansas.
Sigh.

(I'll be fine! I'm a PRo-Fess-Tion- All. Have a great weekend all!)

5 comments:

debi_in_Hawaii said...

Just be thankful that you have a job, *and* paid gigs. :) I know of *some* people that will always be a big hairy fat stinking wannabe ZERO, living in the ghetto and driving a P.O.S! (meow!) LOL

Barbara said...

Hey there Kate,

You are one tough gal and with a life !
You deserve the credit, girlfriend.
So, have a great weekend and...

"Don't let the turkeys get you down" !

Kate said...

Ha ha ! Thanks girls! You're the best!
xo

GeologyJoe said...

now that its monday...how's the gig go?

Kate said...

Good crowd.

Nothing remarkable, music wise.

Next one will be better.

Thanks for asking Joe.

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...