Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cold & Hot

Despite Sunday's record high temps of 41 F, we still have lot's and lot's of snow. Couple of months until I see the old hexagon garden again.

Yesterday, back to a normal 20 F, but at least some sun. Later this afternoon I may see some snowflakes fall from the sky on my drive home. But maybe not.


We are just prodding by, day by day, waiting waiting waiting. "Spring is just around the corner" they say!

Normally, I have lot's to say about the Grammy Awards, but this year I don't. I fell asleep for an hour in the middle of it, so I missed Radiohead, but I did wake up in time to see Robert Plant and Alison Krauss performing with T Bone Burnett on guitar. Their album "Raising Sand" won the Grammy for Album Of The Year. I liked what I heard, and I'm going to have to pick that record up next time I go by Bull Moose Records.

Oh, one more thing about the Grammy Awards.

Justin Timberlake. DAMN!

6 comments:

debi_in_Hawaii said...

Those award shows could put me to sleep LOL.
I know nothing about new music, movies, or TV. Politics and world affairs are more important and oftentimes more entertaining LOL

Anonymous said...

How's Plant's voice holding out? He must be heading for sixty now.

GeologyJoe said...

Robert Plant looks like King Theoden from the LOTR movies.

Barbara said...

Hi Kate,
How are ya ? Hey; I can join your "waiting for the Spring" club. We had another snow alert for tomorrow.
I'm like my sis; I don't know the latest tunes at all.

Dr Zibbs said...

The Plant/Krause album is a good one.

(Found yiour blog through the Verdant Dude's blog)

Kate said...

Debi - you are better off for it! I'm just an entertainment and music junkie! Can't help it. :)

Aileni - Plant's voice sounded just right for the music i heard him perform on the awards show. I think you're right about his age! He did thank Alison Krauss for coaching him on his singing when they received the Grammy at the end of the show..

Geology Joe - Yep. Lucky him!

Hi Barbara - I know, this is this hardest point of the winter.. Yet spring is so close I can almost smell it!
As far as pop culture, like I said to your sis, you're probably better off without it all cluttering up your head! I don't read enough good books, for instance. Thanks for stopping by!

Hi Dr. Zibbs, thanks for stopping by! I just recently started reading Verdant Dude's blog posts, and I am amused.. Glad to hear another person out there likes "Raising Sand." I still haven't picked it up yet (I live far out in the country!), but I will soon.
I'll stop by your blog and take a look.

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...