Wednesday, October 15, 2008

More Color and Work


DSCF3751
Originally uploaded by SleepyLaKate


Looking out my bedroom window. I know, I'm spoiled!

Last weekend, the weather here was scrumptious! Tepid and sunny, we couldn't resist getting out and doing a little more "course work," as we like to call it. That is, the Disc Golf course in our back yard.

We removed a whole patch of tall Birch, Poplar and a couple of small Oaks ( I know, it's painful, but we have many trees), in the corner by the burned-out barn that we cleaned up back in May. We left a nice trio of Birch, and a cool little bush (name unknown) that flowers beautifully in the spring, as well as our two Crabapple and Peach trees. It's really opened up back there and when the boys come up to play the next Disc Golf tournament, they will feel lost for a moment!

We cut off the tops and the little branches, and then haul the thin trunks up near the wood shed for cutting. They little logs make great fire starters. So, not only do we clear our field for better views and playing, but we also gather more fuel for our winter fires.

And with the sun and the colors, it made the hard work so pleasant.

I also spent time cutting back the Iris's and other assorted flowers. I can tell that next year I will have to do some more dividing up of Iris's! They have become very thick.

Why is it that work at home does not feel like work at all? :)

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful Views...

Dragonstar said...

That kind of work feels more like fun, but it's sooooo tiring!

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...