Friday, September 19, 2008

Suckers

The car stop has come to a screeching halt. (Just wanted to make a pun, only kidding.)

We've narrowed it down to what we think we might like. It's called the Jeep Liberty Limited, and we could possibly afford the 2006 model, if we find the right one. Here's one in Portsmouth, NH.



I've been doing an informal survey with the locals down town, and MORE people have told me to stay away from the local car dealership than people have said to do business with them. I've heard some really disgusting stories about bad money transactions and rude behavior and shoddy service.

What a shock. A car dealership that is in it for the money. HA!
Ever seen the movie Suckers?

I can't forget that movie as I sit in an office of a car salesman.

So, I don't think I want to do business with the local big shots, so the hunt goes on. We will just have to drive further away to get the vehicle we want to do business with (hopefully) fair dealerships.

5 comments:

debi_in_Hawaii said...

Oh it's the finance department that I detest. It's sitting in that hot seat in that little tiny office. That's why Grammy & I keep our cars many many years-so we don't have to face the sharks in finance! My dealer don't like me, because I wouldn't let them rip me off. I caught what they were trying to ADD ON to the contract, because another dealer in the same company had TRIED it before when I bought a used car, also unsuccessfully. When they type out a contract, read it over with a fine tooth comb. These people already had the form pre-formatted on a computer-just had to type in my info and hit print.
Out came "VSR" or whatever it was. (a blue dye 'etching' of a random number they put on all the windows-their claim is that it's 'state law' because 'thieves are out for auto windows'>B.S.!!) I said I'm not signing it with that on there. TAKE THAT OFF.
They gave me attitude, but ripped it up, deleted it from the computer screen and printed me a new contract without it. So this company did this to every customer, getting an extra few hundred bucks off each car.

seev said...

Egads! What a story, Debi in Hawaii! I guess ya gotta be tough when dealing with those guys. Good luck on finding that dream car, Kate. Keep at it. Who knows?

Kate said...

Wow Debi In Hawaii, I sure do admire your grit! I'll take your story to heart, for sure, when I get back into one of those horrible offices.. I dread it, but it has to be done at some point!

Thanks Dad, I'm sure something will come along, when the time is right.

Who, indeed, does know? :D

debi_in_Hawaii said...

The only kind of woman to be in that place is DRAGON LADY like me!

Dragonstar said...

Looks a good vehicle for you, so I hope you find the right deal.
Sounds as if you have to go prepared - plenty of research into what dealers try to get away with! And then you probably need to take Debi with you!!!

August 2026

 This month. August of 2026. This whole summer, actually. A lot of slipping though the fingers, this summer. Working hard. Work, gigs. Ann B...