So, I wasn't in love with the truck, though it did have beautiful, brand new tires. But it was kind of sluggy on the acceleration. Then, Don got distracted by the 2004 (?) Element. I didn't like it, because the back seats were up and it looked like a van for the disabled. We looked at the 2008 Dodge Dakota truck with the extended cab and no cap and 4WD, but still, even with "cash back incentives" it was way too much money.
Later, our new buddy Travis the junior car salesman showed us a GMC full size truck trade in, meticulously cared for by the previous owner, with a giant cap on the back. I drove it around the lot, but I felt like an old geezer in it, and it was just way too big. Travis is sure it will be gone in a matter of days, as the milage was low and they were only asking 11000.
We briefly checked out a giant Dodge Ram with the extended cab, a 1999 with 84k on it, but again, it was just too damn big.
Meanwhile, we over looked the 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 Jeep Liberty's sitting there. Secretly, I was drawn to them, but I was trying to keep Don on track because he was so set on a truck.
When we got home, we did more online research. I was troubled by the information I found about electrical problems on the '03 Dodge Dakotas I found on a great website called www.carbeef.com. Then we got talking. Do we REALLY need a small truck? How much wood hauling and purchasing of lumber are we really going to do?
Do we really need to keep our little Toyota? Do we REALLY need to have two vehicles in our lives? Can we afford to insure, register and pay excise tax on two vehicles?
We checked out how much Scratch (our Toyota) was worth for a trade in. Not a lot, but maybe enough to get a newer car. Then we started looking at the Jeeps on the website. And suddenly, the winds changed, and we started realizing the value of the Jeeps. It is now love, fixation perhaps. There is a Jeep with fog lights and tough bumpers and grills over the rear tail lights. Hmmmmm.
Of course, we have to see if they'll even bother taking our trade in. Oh, and test drive the Jeeps. We're going back this afternoon.
3 comments:
So many decisions to make! You'll certainly benefit from 4wheel drive come winter.
Why do you need a truck when you have Lefty?
Exactly, anonymous, that's why we've turned our attention to a more roomy, 4WD version of our current vehicle, with a V6 engine.
When I need the services of a V8 engine, I know who to call.
Which reminds me...next time you come up, there is one more heavy appliance in the basement that needs to go to the dump....
:)
Post a Comment